Car Insurance » Claim Process

ID #1102

What to do if a vehicle meets with an accident outside the area / city / state from where policy is issued?

  • If you know the toll free number of the Insurance Company intimate the occurrence of the accident to the insurance company and act on the advice of the company.     
  • If you don’t know the contact no. of insurance Company confirm It the insurance company is having any office at the place where accident took place. If there is local office of the company intimate the claim to the company.
  • If somehow you are unable to contact the insurance company or it the accident took place in odd hours / holiday arrange the photographs of vehicle on the spot of accident.
  • If the loss is major (say more than INR 50,000/-) and there is third party damage / loss / Injury / death etc., lodge FIR / Police report immediately.

Tags: -

Related entries:

Last update: 2010-12-13 15:21
Revision: 1.2

Digg it! Share on Facebook Print this record Send FAQ to a friend Show this as PDF file
Propose a translation for Propose a translation for
Please rate this FAQ:

Average rating: 2 (6 Votes)

completely useless 1 2 3 4 5 most valuable

You can comment this FAQ