- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Doctor professional indemnity insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Burglary Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Contractor All Risk Insurance
- Electronics Equipment Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractor Plant and Machinery
- Workmen Compensation
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
Records in this category
- What is Health Insurance/Mediclaim?
- Why do I need Health Insurance?
- What are the salient features of this policy?
- In case of family floater health insurance what happens if the primary insured person expires? Can the policy be renewed by any of the surviving members of the policy? Also, As my age increases can i migrate from family floater to individual plan?
- What is the procedure for change of address for medical insurance?
- What are the things to look for while choosing a health insurance plan?
- I am already having health insurance and want to increase sum insured,what should i do.
- I am looking for a single health insurance floater policy which can cover my parents or in laws too?
- I have sent in the filled proposal form and paid for my health insurance policy. When will I receive my policy document and health cards?
- As not all the companies provide top up cover, is it possible to buy a main policy from one company and buy the top up from some other company? Also, If main policy covers the critical illness, will the top up cover it too?
- When we buy a health insurance policy from your website, will we get a cashless card? How can I know which network hospitals are covered under my policy?
- In India, can we purchase more than one health insurance policy?
- What is the status of a Family floater health insurance policy in case of death of any member?
- I had health insurance 4 years back. How can I renew it?
- Which is the best health insurance in India?
What are the things to look for while choosing a health insurance plan?
Health insurance is a long term plan as you may need it in the long run and should be taken after considering many factors like:
1.Max renewal age of the plan : The insurance company will provide you cover only upto this age ,thereafter you have to switch plan or take a new plan which is very difficult to get after 60 years especially if you have any preexisting conditions.
2.First and second year exclusions.
3.Daycare treatment/procedures covered.
5.Sublimits, if any.
6.Per illness limit, if any.
7.Diabetes and hypertension loading.
8.30 days exclusion.
9.Your next renewal premium as you choose plan with low premium for the age you are entering but your next premium may be higher and it is a very important factor to be taken into consideration.
10. Cashless facility in the nearby hospitals .
11.Portability ,if you are already insured and looking for switch from one insurer to another i.e benefits your previous policy is carrying must be transferred to new in partial or full.
12.Add on covers like additional sum insured for critical illness,personal accident,opd coverage.
13.Top up covers have come in market and you can take policy with low sum insured and then top it up and it will be cheaper as compared to choosing higher sum insured straight away.
- Why do I need Travel Insurance?
- Is there a cap on the hospital amount per day?
- When does the travel insurance cover begin?
- Till when is the travel insurance policy valid?
- Is medical examination necessary for travel insurance policy? When and where are medical tests to be done?
1954/16%Last update: 2010-12-13 12:07
You cannot comment on this entry