- FAQ Home
- All categories
- Travel Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Doctor professional indemnity insurance
- Marine Insurance
- Fire Insurance
- Burglary Insurance
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Contractor All Risk Insurance
- Electronics Equipment Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractor Plant and Machinery
- Workmen Compensation
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Liability Insurance
- Public Liability Insurance
Records in this category
- What is a TPA?
- What are the facilities offered by a TPA?
- What do you mean by Network /Non-network Hospitalization?
- What is Cashless access/Cashless Facility?
- What documents should one obtain before discharge from the hospital in case of cash less facility availed?
- What documents are needed for processing claims if the treatment has been done in a non-network hospital or in a network hospital where cash less facility was not granted / availed?
- When will my claim be reimbursed?
- Can I get Cash less facility / Reimbursement in the case of pre-existing diseases?
- How do I get a list of network hospitals of TPA?
- During the course of my treatment, can I change the hospitals?
- I am not keen to avail of Cash less facility. Can I go in for reimbursement?
- What is the benefit of carrying a health card?
- Should the claim be submitted to the Insurance Company or TPA?
- Will the medical costs be reimbursed from day one of the cover?
- Will I get the entire amount of the claimed expenses?
- Can any claim be rejected or refused?
- In case of part settlement can an insured claim for the balance amount?
- How can I check the status of my claim?
- What is the procedure to get Reimbursement in case of emergency hospitalization?
- What is the procedure to get Reimbursement in case of planned hospitalization?
- How does one get Reimbursements in case of treatment in non- network hospitals?
- What are the situations under which one may be denied cashless hospitalization?
- What is the information one needs to furnish while intimating a claim?
- What if I don’t remember my Card Number and Policy Number and I am in an emergency situation?
What documents are needed for processing claims if the treatment has been done in a non-network hospital or in a network hospital where cash less facility was not granted / availed?
Following documents are required for processing the claims on reimbursement basis:
1. Claim Form properly filled and signed by the claimant
2. Discharge Certificate from the hospital
3. All documents pertaining to the illness starting from the date it was first detected
i. Bills, Receipts
ii. Cash Memos from hospital supported by proper prescription
iii. Receipt and diagnostic test report supported by a note from the attending medical practitioner/surgeon justifying such diagnostics. Surgeon's certificate stating the nature of the operation performed and surgeon's bill and receipt
iv. Attending doctor's / consultant's / specialist's / anesthetist's bill and receipt, and certificate regarding diagnosis
v. Certificate from the attending medical practitioner / surgeon that the patient is fully cured
4. Details of previous policies : if the details are not already with TPA except in the case of accidents
- Why do I need Travel Insurance?
- Is there a cap on the hospital amount per day?
- Till when is the travel insurance policy valid?
- How much of the hospital expenses are covered by the policy? Is it 100%?
- Is medical examination necessary for travel insurance policy? When and where are medical tests to be done?
1288/10%Last update: 2010-12-05 06:09
You cannot comment on this entry