Top up Health Insurance Policy
Policy that covers the medical expenses beyond the threshold level/deductible you have chosen. This is a good choice if you want to add additional cover up to Rs. 15 lakhs to you existing Insurance Policy with very less premium or If you are yet to opt for medical insurance, you can buy top-up policy to take medical insurance cover beyond a threshold limit that you can afford.
- The insured needs to be between 6 - 60 years of age
- Age is calculated as on the date the policy is issued ( It will be age completed on last birthday)
- If you are yet to opt for medical insurance, you can buy top-up policy to take medical insurance cover beyond a threshold limit that you can afford.
- Any employee who wants medical insurance of more than what is provided by his employer’s group cover can go for top-up cover. If the cost of hospitalisation exceeds the limit provided by the employer, the insurance company will pay the extra amount.
- Top Up policy will help individuals top up their existing cover and Super Top Up policy will help when the total hospitalisation expenses during the policy period exceed the threshold level chosen.
- You can buy Top up cover even if you have cover from some other insurance company. Since there is no contribution clause, if a policyholder has health policies from two insurers, each insurer will pay its part of the claim.
- You Can Buy Health Insurance & get tax benefit on the premium paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- You can save up to 25 percent by comparing plans offered by different companies