Compare and Buy Electronics Equipment Insurance
The policy covers sudden and unforeseen physical damage including breakdown to the electronic equipment covered under the policy due to any reason not specifically excluded.
What equipment can be covered under this policy: The policy covers the following types of equipments:
- Electronic data processing machine.
- Telecommunication equipment.
- Transmitting and receiving installations(including Radio, TV, Cinema Sound Reproduction and Studio Equipment).
- Material testing and research equipment.
- Electro-Medical Installations.
- Signal and Transmitting units.
- Office calculators, duplicating machines and Reproduction machines.
- Control and supervisory units.
Who can take this policy
This policy can be taken by the owner, lessor or hirer of electronic equipment.
The Policy is divided into 3 sections as under:
1. This Section covers the accidental damage to the insured equipment against All Risks, namely:
Fire, Lightning, Explosion/Implosion, Aircraft Damage, Riot, Strike, Malicious and Terrorism Damage, Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation, Impact Damage, Subsidence Land slide, Rock slide, Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipes, Missile Testing operations, Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations, Bush Fire (Fire & Allied Perils)
- Electrical & Mechanical Breakdowns
- Burglary & Theft
- Negligence, Lack of Skill, Carelessness
In short, the cover provided is for damage caused by unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage from any cause (other than those specifically excluded) in a manner necessitating repair or replacement.
2. This Section covers Loss/Damage to external Data Media i.e. Tapes, Discs, magnetic drives etc caused by any peril as mentioned earlier in Section-I. The cost of restoration of the stored data can also be covered (provided backup system is available)
3. Increased cost of working (ICOW) for use of substituted electronic equipment for continued data processing following indemnifiable damage to insured electronic equipment can be covered under this Section.
- Normal wear and tear and corrosion of parts arising from use and continuous operation (limited to parts immediately affected, subsequent damage to other parts of the unit covered).
- War, wilful acts, gross negligence.
- Faults for which third party is responsible by law or contract.
- Failure due to interruption of gas, water or power supply.
- Aesthetic defects.
- Consequential loss of any kind.
- Loss to consumables and operating media etc.