Compare and Buy Shopkeeper's Insurance
Section I - Building & Contents
Covers shop building and/or contents therein against loss or damage caused by Fire & Allied perils i.e.
- Fire, lightning, explosion of gas in domestic appliances
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Aircraft or articles dropped therefrom
- Riot, strike, malicious damage, terrorist act
- Earthquake-Fire and/or shock, subsidence and landslide (including rockslide)
- Flood, Inundation, Storm, Tempest, Typhoon, Hurricane, Tornado or Cyclone.
- Impact damage by rail/road vehicle not belonging to the insured.
Section II - Burglary & Housebreaking
Covers contents of insured shop premises(excluding money and valuables) against loss or damage by burglary and/or housebreaking.
Section III - Money Insurance
Covers loss of money in transit, loss of money/valuables whilst contained in a locked safe, loss of money contained in cashier's till and/or counter by burglary/housebreaking.
Section IV - Pedal - Cycles
This section also covers legal liability of insured for death/injury to third parties or damage to their property arising out of use of the insured pedal cycles.
Section V - Plate Glass
Covers loss of or damage to fixed plate glass in insured's shop by accidental means.
Section VI - Neon Sign/Glow Sign
Covers loss of or damage to neon sign/ glow sign by :
- Accidental external means
- Fire, lightning or external explosion or theft.
- Riot, strike, malicious or terrorist act
- Flood, inundation, storm, tempest, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone.
Section VII - Baggage
Covers loss or damage to accompanied personal baggage of insured or baggage in connection with his trade, whilst anywhere in India, by accident or misfortune.
Section VIII - Personal Accident
Covers insured and spouse and/or his children, named in the schedule and aged between 5&70 years, against bodily injury caused solely and directly by accident and resulting in death or permanent total or partial disablement or temporary total disablement within 12 calendar months of such injury.
Section IX - Fidelity Guarantee
Covers direct pecuniary loss suffered by the insured due to fraud or dishonesty committed by any of insured's salaried employees.
Section X - Public Liability
- Legal liability in respect of accidental death or bodily injury to a third party or accidental damage to their property during performance of any act in connection with insured's business.
- Compensation to insured's employees under Workmen's Compensation Act or Common Law.
Section XI - Loss of Profit
Covers loss of profit due to interruption of business consequent upon loss or damage sustained by property insured under Section I of the policy due to insured perils.
It is necessary to opt for a minimum of 4 sections for this policy to be issued of which Sections I&II are compulsory.