Compare and Buy Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Policy is suitable for Directors & key officers who are in a decision making position. These directors and officers in pursuance of their duties may take some actions which may be in violation of certain statutes or Indian Laws.
Who can take this Policy?
Any Director or Officers who are involved in making key decisions in the company
- Against any loss that the Organization may incur, on account of mistaken actions taken in their individual capacity as Directors & Officers in pursuance of their duties under Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- Against loss arising from claims made against them by reason of any wrongful Act in their Official capacity.
- Legal costs & expenses incurred with the written consent of the insurers arising out of prosecution (criminal or otherwise) of any Director / officer and attendance at any investigation, examination, inquiry or other proceedings by the authority empowered to do so.
- Expenses incurred by any shareholder of the Company in pursuance of a claim against any Director / Officer, which the Company is legally obliged to pay, pursuant to an order of a Court.
- Provide indemnity to the estate of legal heirs or legal representatives of the Director / officer in the event of the Director / officer becoming insolvent.
- Any bodily injury, sickness, disease or death of any person or any damage to tangible property
- Dishonest, fraudulent, criminal or malicious act.
- Personal guarantee.
- Libel and slander
- Personal injury and damage to property.
- Pollution damage
- Directly resulting from goods or products manufacture or sold by the company
- Fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages.
- Any circumstances existing prior to inception date of policy
How Premium is Calculated?
Premium depends on
- profile of the client
- the Sum Insured selected
- present and past functioning of the company
- information in the balance sheet
- annual report
- degree of exposure.