Compare and Buy Workmen Compensation Insurance
Scope and Cover
Workmen's Compensation Insurance also know as 'Employers' Liability Insurance' covers the statutory liability of an employer for the death of or bodily injuries or occupational diseases sustained by workmen in the Insured's immediate service and arising out of and in the course of employment.
Who can take this Policy
• Any employer, whether as a principal or contractor, engaging "workmen" as defined in the Workmen's Compensation Act.
• Any employer of employees who do not qualify as "workmen" but share an employee-employer relationship.
General Coverage under this Policy
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Temporary disablement
- Legal costs and expenses incurred with the company's consent
Add On Covers
Medical, surgical and hospital expenses including the cost of transport to hospital for accidental employment injuries.
- Any non-fatal injury caused by any accident directly attributed to:
o Influence of drinks or drugs
o Willful disobedience of an order for securing safety to the workman
o Willful removal or disregard of a safety guard device
- Liability to employees of contractors of the Insured (unless separately declared and covered)
- Liability of the Insured assumed under an agreement
- Diseases mentioned in Part 'C' of Schedule III of the Workmen's Compensation Act, 1923