Compare and Buy Dog Insurance
It is an insurance for dogs against death due to accident and/or diseases contracted during the period of insurance subject to usual terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy.
Who can be insured?
Dogs in the age group of 8 weeks to 8 years are insured.
Dogs of indigenous origin, cross-bred and exotic breeds are covered under the insurance.
- Death of Dog by disease or accident.
Add On Covers
- Transit & Show Risk: Accidental Death while in transit by Air, Rail, Road and Water or on show in India
- Accidental Poisoning: Death by Accidental poisoning
- Breeding & Whelping Risk: Death by whelping and / or If whole litter is stillborn or dies within 14 days of birth
- Lost or Stolen Risk: Lost or stolen dogs including burglary or housebreaking
- Loss of Show Entry Fee: When the dog, which is registered with kennel Club, is unable to attend the show because of accident or disease covered in the policy, and entry fee is forfeited
- Loss of Value Limited to 50% of Sum Insured: Loss of value resultant upon an accident which does not result in death but which averts its show career
- Third Party Liability: Liability for personal injuries and property damage to third party Up to limit specified in the policy
- Worldwide Transit: Covers transit to various parts of the world and back to India and / or from other countries to India.
- Malicious or willful injury or neglect, unskillful treatment or use of animal for purpose other than stated in the policy
- Accidents occurring and/or disease contracted prior to commencement of risk.
- Diseases: Tuberculosis, Tetanus, and Parasitic Infection. Rabies, Canine Distemper Laptospirosis and other diseases are covered if preventive vaccination is done and certificate to this effect is submitted.
- Death due to any disease contracted within 15 days from the date of commencement of the policy.
- Theft or clandestine sale of the insured animal.
- Disability Temporary or Permanent, Total or Partial.
- Any loss or damage caused willfully or knowingly by the Insured, or any loss or damage in which the Insured or any person acting on his behalf is involved or implicated.
- Transport by air and sea. Transport beyond 25 kilometers from the place of stabling by any means other than by foot and beyond 50 kilometers from the place of stabling in case of transit by foot.
- Intentional slaughter of the animal except in cases where destruction is necessary to terminate incurable suffering or on human consideration on the basis of the certificate issued by qualified veterinary doctor or in cases where destruction is resorted to by the order of lawfully constituted authority.
- Any consequential loss, however arising.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, commotion, unrest, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation or nationalisation or requisition of or damage by or under the order of any government or public local authority, riot, strike, or terrorist activities.
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste or nuclear weapons material or from the combustion of nuclear fuel, or the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
Specific Exclusions: (Unless additional Premium Paid)
- Breeding and Whelping Risk.
- Show Risk
- Third Party Personal Injury, Property Damage.