Delay of Checked Baggage Insurance
Covers cost of emergency purchase of replacement items like purchase of toiletries, clothing and medication due to delay of checked in baggage for more than 12 hours.
Delay of Checked Baggage coverage allows you to purchase essential items you need for your personal comfort while you're waiting for your bags to arrive. It is a secondary coverage to any benefits your airline or common carrier may provide to you.
Coverage and Conditions:
Reimbursement of costs of necessary emergency purchases of toiletries, medication and clothing, provided that:
- a. The delay of checked-in baggage is more than certain number of hours specified in the Policy Schedule and relates to delivery of baggage that has been checked-in by the common carrier.
- b. Insured Person provides the Company with written proof of delay from the common carrier.
- c. Insured Person provides the Company with the receipts for the necessary emergency purchase of toiletries, medication and clothing that he/she needed to buy.
- If the claims are submitted for total loss of checked-in baggage as well as temporary delay of checked-in baggage, the higher of the claims shall be payable by the Company in respect of the same item(s) of checked-in baggage.
- If the Company makes any payment under this benefit, then any recovery from any common carrier by the Insured Person, under the terms of the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air, 1929 ('Warsaw Convention') shall become the property of the Company.
- Valuables and money, all kinds of securities and tickets/passes or any other item not declared to, and agreed to by the Insurer.
- Loss of property unless a Property Irregularity Report or other report usually issued by common carriers in the event of loss of checked-in baggage has been procured and submitted.
- Any partial loss of the items contained within the checked-in baggage.
- Items contained within the checked-in baggage, which are valued in excess of US$100 without appropriate proof of ownership.
- Losses arising from any delay, detention, confiscation by the customs officials or other public authorities. -Loss due to complete/partial damage of the checked-in baggage.
- Any checked-in baggage delay on the in-bound sector to the Republic of India.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the 'General Exclusions' section of the Policy.