Car Insurance- Process and Timelines
How to purchase car insurance on www.insurancepandit.com
At www.insurancepandit.com, we offer a convenient way to Buy and compare Car Insurance Plans offered by leading Insurance companies. Not only can you select the best product but also save money by comparing plans.
- 1. Visit car insurance page .
- 2. Click on calculate premium or compare plans link, which would take you to the car insurance premium calculator page. Here, put in the details and click on submit. The available car insurance plans offered by Indian insurers, as per your specified criteria, would be displayed with an option to view and compare selected plans. Premium including taxes, Plan benefits, policy wording and refund/cancellation policy of the respective insurer are available against each plan. Also the type of policy is mentioned based on the time taken to process and issue the policy document as per insurance company guidelines and criteria.
- There are two types of policies:
- Instant policy: The policy is emailed to you as soon as the payment goes through.
- E policy: The policy is emailed to you within 1 to 2 days of business hours after making payment and after submission of documents.
- 3. Once you have compared and finalized the plan, you can click on buy now icon against car insurance plan; this would take you to an online proposal form. Fill the requisite details, select the mode of payment and click on submit. If you have selected an online mode of payment such as payment by card or net banking, you will be directed to the insurer's payment gateway where you can pay and get instant policy in email. If you choose to pay by NEFT (where available), please provide us the payment details once you have done so and the policy shall be delivered in your email within 1-2 working days of confirmation of payment.
A hard copy of the policy if requested shall be sent through courier or speed post at your postal address and should reach you within 3-5 business days of policy issuance.
Endorsements or Changes in policies
In case any amendments are required in the policy document such as correction in personal details, vehicle details, NCB etc you can put in a service request using the link given below requesting for the same.
We will revert to your service request within 48 business hours and depending on the nature of endorsement, resolve it as soon as possible.
Collection of renewal premiums and remittance to insurers
Most of the insurance companies have the option to renew online, the link to which is emailed to you along with renewal notice, from our end, at least 30 days prior to expiry of policy. In case you do not wish to renew online or the option is not available, we can pick up a cheque( you can mail us the cheque), for the same at a time convenient for you a few days prior to expiry of the policy enabling us to deposit the same with the company in time for timely renewal of your policy.
Settlement and Payment of claims
We provide you all possible assistance for settlement and payment of claims by the insurer. Our claim assistance page gives you the necessary information like timelines in which to file the claim and documents required to links to the claim intimation pages of insurers' websites. Apart from that, if required, we can help you resolve claim related issues with constant follow-up with insurance companies.
In case of a dispute, grievance mechanism details are also available on our website.
You must understand that the claim is processed and dispersed at the insurer's end. We however are there to guide you through the process.
Please refer to the FAQ section for any specific questions you may have:
Or get in touch with us using the link below: