Family Floater Health Insurance Plans
A single policy that secures the hospitalisation expenses of your entire family excluding dependent Parents. The floater health plan covers your entire family under one policy with one sum insured and one premium.
- Dependent Parents or in-laws can not be covered in this policy.
- Parents can cover children up to 25 years old in this policy.
- The insured needs to be between 3 Months - 76 years of age
- Age is calculated as on the date the policy is issued ( It will be age completed on last birthday)
- You can buy Health Insurance & get tax benefit on the premium paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act
- Sum insured in a floater policy is shared across family members
- It is less expensive than Individual Policy.
- Floater policy is good for young family with low health risk.
- You can buy Comprehensive health insurance policy that covers you, your spouse and 4 dependent children up to the age of 25 years.
- You can increase the sum insured only at the time of renewal of the insurance policy, subject to company approval.
- You can get reimbursement for pre- and post-hospitalization medical expenses incurred towards the ailment/ disease for which hospitalization was medically necessary prior to hospitalization and after discharge.
- Pre-existing disease means a disease or a condition existing in a person before the acceptance of the risk by Insurance Company. The insured or a person buying the policy may or may not be aware of these conditions.
- A waiting period is the length of time the insured may have to wait before being eligible for Health Policy benefits.
- You get up to 10% cumulative bonus for every claim-free year accumulating upto 50% in certain policies.
- You can save up to 25 percent by comparing plans offered by different companies