Health Insurance- Process and Timelines
How to purchase health insurance on www.insurancepandit.com
- 1. Visit health page and select the type of health insurance you wish to purchase i. e. individual, family floater, top up, critical illness etc.
- 2. Click on calculate premium or compare plans link, which would take you to the health insurance premium calculator page. Here, punch in the details and click on submit. All the relevant available health insurance plans offered by Indian insurers, as per your specified criteria, would be displayed with an option to view and compare selected plans. Premium including taxes, Plan benefits, policy wording and refund/cancellation policy of the respective insurer are available against each plan. Also the type of policy is mentioned based on the time taken to process and issue the policy document as per insurance company guidelines and criteria.
- There are two types of policies:
- Instant policy: The policy is emailed to you after the successful transaction of payment at the insurance company's payment gateway.
- Paper policy: 1 to 3 days depending upon receipt of filled proposal form from insured and payment of premium by selected mode.
- 3. Once you have compared and finalized the plan, you can click on buy now icon against that health insurance plan; this would take you to an online proposal form. Fill the requisite details, select the mode of payment and click on submit. In case of instant policies, if you have selected an online mode of payment such as payment by card or net banking, you will be directed to the insurer's payment gateway where you can pay and get instant policy in email. If you pay by cheque/demand draft, policy will be issued in 1-7 business days depending on the insurer. In case of plans where proposal form is required, once we have received the filled proposal form, received approval for the same from the insurance company and payment confirmed, your policy shall be emailed to you, within 1-7 business days.
A hard copy of the policy if requested shall be sent through courier or speed post at your postal address and should reach you within 3-5 business days.
Cards shall be mailed by TPA separately.
Endorsements or Changes in policies
In case any amendments are required in the policy document such as correction in personal details, addition or deletion of member, etc you can put in a service request using the link given below requesting for the same
We will revert to your service request within 48 business hours and depending on the nature of endorsement, resolve it as soon as possible.
For cancellation and refund policy, please refer the policy wording of respective insurer (available on our website against each plan). Please note that the refund, if any, is processed and dispersed by the insurance company. We, however, do guide and assist you through the process.
Collection of renewal premiums and remittance to insurers
Most of the insurance companies have the option to renew online, the link to which is emailed to you along with renewal notice, from our end, at least 30 days prior to expiry of policy. In case you do not wish to renew online or the option is not available, we can pick up a cheque( you can mail us the cheque), for the same at a time convenient for you a few days prior to expiry of the policy enabling us to deposit the same with the company in time for timely renewal of your policy.
Settlement and Payment of claims
We provide you all possible assistance for settlement and payment of claims by the insurer. Our claim assistance page gives you the necessary information like timelines in which to file the claim and documents required to links to the claim intimation pages of insurers' websites. Apart from that, if required, we can help you resolve claim related issues with constant follow-up with insurance companies.
In case of a dispute, grievance mechanism details are also available on our website.
You must understand that the claim is processed and dispersed at the insurer's end. We however are there to guide you through the process.
Please refer to the FAQ section for any specific questions you may have:
Or get in touch with us using the link below: