Trip Cancellation Insurance
Compensation for loss of personal accommodation or travel charges following the necessary and unavoidable cancellation of the trip due to death, serious injury or sudden sickness of the insured person or a family member.
Trip cancellation is when a traveler faces a situation in which they must cancel their trip completely, before the trip has even started. An example of this would be if you planned an elaborate trip in which you prepaid for all airline tickets and hotel stays, but just a couple of days before the trip, you fell seriously ill and had to cancel your travel plans all together. This would be considered trip cancellation and having coverage for this would provide you reimbursement for all non-refundable travel expenses for an unforeseen and covered event, up to the amount covered by your policy.
Cancellation of trip due to:
- Unforeseen disease, illness, injury, or death of the Insured person / family
- Termination of employment or layoff affecting the insured person or the travelling companion of the insured, provided that the Insured/ Insured Person or the travelling companion have been employed with the employer for at least three continuous years;
- - Inclement weather conditions causing cancellation or interruption of the trip with due authentication by a letter from the common carrier;
- The place intended to be occupied by the Insured/ Insured Person for purposes of his or her stay during the trip or the destination being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism, burglary, or such natural disaster;
- The Insured being abducted or quarantined;
- The Insured/ Insured Person or a travelling companion being the victim of a felonious assault within 10 days prior to the departure date
- Common carrier-caused delays, including an announced, organized sanctioned union labour strike that affects public transportation, unless the commencement of the period of insurance is prior to a date when the strike is foreseeable.
- Travel arrangements cancelled or changed by an airline, cruise line, or tour operator, unless the cancellation is the result of inclement weather.
- Changes in plans by the Insured, an immediate family member, or travelling companion for any reason.
- Adverse change in financial circumstances of the Insured/ Insured Person, any family member, or a travelling companion.
- Any business or contractual obligations of the Insured/ Insured Person, any family member, or a travelling companion, except for termination or layoff of employment of the Insured or the travelling companion of the Insured as defined above.
- Default by the person, agency, or tour operator from whom the Insured/ Insured Person bought this Policy and/or made travel arrangements.
- Any government regulation or prohibition.
- An event or circumstance, which occurs prior to the commencement of the period of insurance.
- On account of a felonious assault, where the Insured, any family member of the Insured, the travelling companion or travelling companion's family member has been a principal or accessory in the assault committed.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the 'General Exclusions'