Passport Loss Insurance
Covers reasonable and necessary expenses to obtain a duplicate passport or valid travel documents.
- This benefit ensures compensation up to the amount specified in the policy for reasonable expenses for getting a duplicate passport in case it is lost or stolen on your trip abroad.
- Due to delay or confiscation or detention by the customs, police or public authorities.
- Due to theft unless it is reported to the police within 24 hours of the Insured/ Insured Person becoming aware of the theft and a written police report being obtained in that regard.
- Due to its being left unattended or forgotten by the insured/ insured person in a public place or in a public transport.
- Loss or theft of the passport from a private place or from a private vehicle, unless it was located in a locked hotel room, apartment or locked vehicle, and forcible and violent entry was used to gain access to it.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the "General Exclusions" section of this Policy.