Home Insurance (Burglary) Insurance
Covers the loss of or damage to contents of home caused by burglary and/or robbery.
Home Insurance (Burglary) provides protection for your home in case of a burglary while you are abroad for a trip. It pays compensation up to the amount specified in the policy in the unfortunate event of a burglary while you are away.
- Indemnity, against any loss, destruction or damage to the contents of the Insured's home in India caused by burglary and/or housebreaking while the Insured is on a trip abroad covered by the Policy.
- The maximum amount payable under this Section as indemnity is limited to the Sum Insured as specified in the Policy Schedule in any one period of insurance irrespective of the number of such incidents or occurrences arising out of such incidents.
- Jewellery is covered under this benefit as part of contents up to 20% of the Sum Insured as specified in the Policy Schedule or actual, whichever is less.
- Loss or damage caused by the Insured Person's and/or Insured Person's employee(s) or agents and/ or Insured Person's family members' direct or indirect involvement in the actual or attempted burglary.
- Any loss or damage to, or on account of loss of, livestock, motor vehicles, pedal cycles, money, securities for money, stamp, bullion, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, promissory notes, stock or share certificates, business books, manuscripts, documents of any kind, ATM debit or credit cards, precious stones that are not part of jewellery or ornaments, gold bullion (unless previously specifically declared to, and accepted by, the insurer in writing.)
- Loss or damage to any property/item illegally acquired, kept, stored or property subject to forfeiture in any manner whatsoever.
- Loss or damage which is recoverable under Fire or Plate Glass Insurance Policy or any other policy.
- Loss or damage directly or indirectly, proximately or remotely connected with riot and strike, civil commotion, terrorist activities, earthquake, flood, storm, volcanic eruption, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone or other convulsions of nature or atmospheric disturbances.
- Consequential loss or legal liability of any kind.
- Loss of money and/or other property abstracted from safe following the use of the key to the said safe or any duplicate thereof belonging to the Insured, unless such key has been obtained by assault or violence or any threat thereof.
- Loss of or damage to any property insured under this Policy due to any misfeasance, malfeasance or nonfeasance or breach of trust in relation thereto by the Insured.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the 'General Exclusions' section of this Policy