Trip Interruption/ Curtailment Insurance
Compensation for loss of personal accommodation or travel charges following the necessary and unavoidable cancellation of the trip due to death, serious injury or sudden sickness of insured or family member .
Trip interruption is when a traveler encounters a situation in which they must end their trip for an unforeseen reason. For example, you go for a two-week long trip overseas and within the first few days, a natural calamity like earthquake or tsunami occurs, leaving you with no other option but to leave the country and return home immediately. This situation would be considered trip interruption and having coverage for this would ensure reimbursement up to the covered amount for non-refundable, unused travel expenses that you are forced to forfeit due to the interruption of plans.
Interruption of trip due :
- Unforeseen disease, illness, injury, or death of the Insured person / family member.
- Termination of employment or layoff affecting the insured person or the travelling companion of the insured, provided that the Insured/ Insured Person or the travelling companion have been employed with the employer for at least three continuous years;
- Inclement weather conditions causing interruption of the trip with due authentication by a letter from the common carrier;
- The place intended to be occupied by the Insured/ Insured Person for purposes of his or her stay during the trip or the destination being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism, burglary, or such natural disaster;
- Common carrier-caused delays, including an announced, organized sanctioned union labour strike that affects public transportation, unless the commencement of the period of insurance is prior to a date when the strike is foreseeable.
- Travel arrangements cancelled or changed by an airline, cruise line, or tour operator, unless the cancellation is the result of inclement weather.
- Changes in plans by the Insured, an immediate family member, or travelling companion for any reason.
- Adverse change in financial circumstances of the Insured/ Insured Person, any family member, or a travelling companion.
- Any business or contractual obligations of the Insured/ Insured Person, any family member, or a travelling companion, except for termination or layoff of employment of the Insured or the travelling companion of the Insured as defined above.
- Default by the person, agency, or tour operator from whom the Insured/ Insured Person bought this Policy and/or made travel arrangements.
- Any government regulation or prohibition.
- An event or circumstance, which occurs prior to the commencement of the period of insurance.
- On account of a felonious assault, where the Insured, any family member of the Insured, the travelling companion or travelling companion's family member has been a principal or accessory in the companion's family member has been a principal or accessory in the assault committed.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the General Exclusions