Home Insurance (Fire) Insurance
Covers the loss of or damage to contents of home caused by Fire
Home Insurance (Fire) provides protection for your home in case of a fire while you are abroad for a trip. It pays compensation up to the amount specified in the policy in the unfortunate event of a fire at your home while you are away.
Damage due to :
- Fire Excluding destruction or damage caused to the property insured by
- (a) (i) Its own fermentation, natural heating or spontaneous combustion
- (ii) Its undergoing any heating or drying process.
- (b) Burning of property insured by order of any Public Authority.
- Explosion/ Implosion
- Aircraft Damage i.e. destruction or damage caused by aircraft, other aerial or space devices and articles dropped there from excluding those caused by pressure waves.
- Riot, Strike, Malicious Damage This insurance excludes loss, damage, cost or expense of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by, resulting from or in connection with any act of terrorism regardless of any other cause or event contributing concurrently or in any other sequence to the loss.
- Storm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, Tornado, Flood and Inundation (STFI)
- Impact Damage
- Subsidence and Landslide including Rock Slide
- Bursting and/or overflowing of Water Tanks, Apparatus and Pipes
- Missile Testing operations
- Leakage from Automatic Sprinkler Installations Excluding destruction or damage caused by
- (a) Repairs or alterations to the buildings or premises
- (b) Repairs, Removal or Extension of the Sprinkler Installation
- (c) Defects in construction known to the Insured.
- Bush Fire
Excluding destruction or damage caused by Forest Fire.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused by war, invasion, act of foreign enemy hostilities or war like operations
- Loss, destruction or damage directly or indirectly caused to the property insured by
- (a) ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel;
- (b) the radioactive toxic, explosives or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- Loss, destruction or damage caused to the insured property by pollution or contamination excluding
- (a) pollution or contamination which itself results from a peril hereby insured against
- (b) any peril hereby insured against which itself results from pollution or contamination.
- Loss, destruction or damage to bullion or unset precious stones, any curios or works of art for an amount exceeding Rs.10000/-, manuscripts, plans, drawings, securities, obligations or documents of any kind, stamps, coins or paper money, cheques, books of accounts or other business books, computer systems records, explosives unless otherwise expressly stated in the Policy.
- Loss, destruction or damage to the stocks in Cold Storage premises caused by change of temperature.
- Loss, destruction or damage to any electrical and/or electronic machine, apparatus, fixture or fitting (excluding fans and electrical wiring in dwellings) arising from or occasioned by over-running, excessive pressure, short circuiting, arcing, self-heating, or leakage of electricity, from whatever cause (lightning included).
- Expenses necessarily incurred on Architects, Surveyors and Consulting Engineer's Fees; and Debris Removal by the Insured following a loss, destruction or damage to the property insured by an insured peril in excess of 3% and 1% of the claim amount respectively.
- Loss of earnings, loss by delay, loss of market or other consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind or description whatsoever.
- Loss or damage by spoilage resulting from the retardation or interruption or cessation of any process or operation caused by operation of any of the perils covered.
- Loss by theft during or after the occurrence of any insured peril except as provided under Riot, Strike and Malicious Damage cover.
- Any Loss or damage occasioned by or through or in consequence directly or indirectly due to earthquake, Volcanic eruption or other convulsions of nature.
- Loss or damage to property insured if removed to any building or place other than in which it is herein stated to be insured, except machinery and equipment temporarily removed for repairs, cleaning, renovation or other similar purposes for a period not exceeding 60 days
- Any exclusion mentioned in the 'General Exclusions' section of the Policy.