BEST TRAVEL INSURANCE PLAN
There are many travel insurance options from leading Indian insurers available on our website www.insurancepandit.com. The best travel insurance is the one which meets your requirement.
Given below are some important factors to consider while selecting an appropriate travel insurance plan.
- Purpose of visit : Choose a plan according to your needs whether you are going for study, business, family visit, single trip or are a frequent flier, going for pilot training, professional sports etc.
- Sub limits if any: It is very important to see whether the travel plan has sub limits, because if it is so, then at the time of claim you will get claim up to the sub limits given in plan, for example if the plan says room rent sublimit of $500 per day, it means for room rent, you will get $500 only, and if you have taken room with higher room rent then balance has to be borne by you.
- If your stay is likely to be extended,choose a plan which is extendable .Plans for shorter duration are cheaper and as duration increases it becomes expensive.
- If your stay is likely to be cut short i.e. you are not sure about travel duration, choose a plan where there is an option of refund on early return. Sometimes you know your parents have plans to stay for six months but they have to come back early due to any reason like ill health or a family emergency etc ;in that case if you have chosen a plan with early refund option, you can save money.
- If you have a pre existing condition, select a plan which covers the same in emergency situations to make the person stable.
- Per illness limit if any: If a plan has this condition, it means for any one illness, you will get claim up to the per illness limit given in the plan. For example, if the plan chosen by you says per illness limit is $10000, then you will get only $10000 for any one illness, even if you have chosen plan for higher sum insured. So, it is very important to see whether there is a per illness clause or not, as virtually you are taking higher sum insured but practically you will get claim up to the limit given in the plan.
- Co pay if any:If your plan has co-pay clause ,it means for every claim you have to pay up to the limit of co pay .For example, your plan says co payment of 10% ,it means for every claim ,you have to pay 10% and balance 90% will be paid by insurer.